Join Our Board of Directors
OICS is a nonprofit charitable organization which has been providing settlement and community supportive services since 2005. We recognize the diversity of our community and are committed to the development, creation and promotion of opportunities for those that it serves. It is only through connecting with residents, service providers and other stakeholders and a commitment to working together that we can develop more integrated service delivery networks.
We are currently looking to fill two Board Member positions. Board members are responsible for overseeing aspects of OICS management and ensuring we provide optimal services to residents. Individuals who are passionate about community service and eager to share their skills set to contribute to the Board of Directors, are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to those who carry knowledge in the fundraising, finance or law related fields. Please apply through resume submission to be a Director on the Board no later than November 30, 2016. Applications should be sent to Jaish Amin at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a volunteer position and requires a minimum commitment of 8 to 10 hours per month
Required availability: monthly meetings on Saturday afternoon from 1:00pm to 3:00pm (3rd week of the month) as well as agency events and or committee meetings.
- Establish agency mission, goals and strategic direction
- Ensure that the organization meet all legal, financial , contractual standards, requirements and obligations
- Ensure policy reflect community and membership
- Provide guidance and support to the Executive Director
- Follow policy governance, emphasizing values, vision and empowerment of both Board and staff etc.
Required Skill set:
- Background in the legal, financial or fundraising a major asset
- Positive Energy
- Team player
- Committed and reliable
- Proficient, written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of the Malton community and MNS
We thank all those interested, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.